Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog entry 2.3 a, The cleaning robot

I like having friends around me. I often invite them to come visit me at my place. Sure thing, I don’t want them to sit down in the middle of a huge mass. I’m not a clean freak, but I prefer cleanliness. So, as I was cleaning my apartment, I thought how cool would be to have a robot, which can make this whole cleaning done for me within less time than I can do. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I started to look around in stores and on the web, what is available out there, and look what I have found?!A CLEANING ROBOT!!!!!!!!!!Well, I thought, my problem is solved. But on second thought, I guess I can make a better job cleaning by myself, meaning, I guess I could reach corners, lifting up rugs etc… I really do know how to cleanJ.
So, to me, even it’s a big temptation to have something like that in my life, it’s still too “robotic”. I know, artificial intelligence has almost no limits to create individual things, but a human brain for instance, cannot be replaced, ever. I have always been mesmerized by robots and their technology, what they can do to make our life easier. My favorite is that one, which is able to speak different languages like C3-PO in that movie called StarWars. I wish that I could do the same!
I’m still thinking that there are many things that you cannot replace by robot technology.

Go to fullsize image

No comments:

Post a Comment