Friday, October 15, 2010

Blog entry 2.3 b Xmas tree

Artificial Christmas tree
The weather is getting chillier as we are approaching to the end of the year. A very popular celebration is coming. It’s XMAS TIME!!! I have always loved the smell of the tree, that fresh, nothing to compare pine fragrance…When I was a little child, that holiday wouldn‘t have been whole without that.
As we are getting ready for this this beautiful tradition, people always buy the original pine trees at the markets and decorate it with candles, cookies or even put handmade ornaments on it. Of course, as a child it was so much fun, but after I grew up, I started to understand that, how cruel is to the nature to cut all those trees, just to looking at them, decked out in all their finery and then throw them away after few days .What a waste!
When the first artificial pine trees showed up, I thought, I’m going to miss the feel of the evergreen, the smell of the pine. I actually, never really have been a big fan of any plastic stuff. It is just not the real thing. In this case, I was kind of happy to find a better solution to not waste that many trees, even if I have to sacrifice my selfish needs. Yes, plastic Christmas trees are very artificial to me, but I found a very nice pine fragrance spray to solve the problem for me, so at least smells like a real tree! Anyway, when you decorate them nicely, you cannot see the difference that much!





No comments:

Post a Comment