Thursday, September 16, 2010

Diagnostic

We live in the 21 st century.Since we invented the first electric "shock", the new technology started to take place in our life.Nowadays, we barely can imagine our society without the modern technology.
I still remember when I saw the first cell phone, and I thought, this is the beginning of something big.When we just used the regular, land-line phones,it was still magical, how you can hear someone so clear, who is actually so far from you!Even when you wake up in the morning, the first "interaction" with the technology is the electric alarm (I'm sure someone still like to use the old-fashioned clock).Then you turn on your tv, watching the news, what happend in the world while you have been dreaming.Your cell phone is ringing, giving you the sign;you have an incoming call or message.It's time to check your emails on your computer, let's see, what tasks do you need to do today, or just simply go to your favourite websites (like Facebook, Youtube), looking for some extra information.After you are ready to go to work, you get dressed, ironing your clothes with your brand new steaming iron, and have a sip of your favourite tea, which was made with that little extra help by the coffee machine,you walk to your subway station.The train will take you to your destination within way less time, than if you use a car, or walk.Many things we can thank to the technology.Try to imagine,if suddenly all cell phone satelites would go blank or stop to operate.We could still use the landlines, but you wouldn't be that mobile.You would be just sitting next to the phone, waiting for that important call.
Let's face it; we all depend on the newest technology.I guess, it makes our life so much comfortable.Of course, if I never had a tv,I'd just go outside and check the weather on first hand.
If I can call back any childhood memory, the advantage of the electricity has always been a good thing.Starting the first walkman (digital), which helped me to put back to sleep,through having my first computer, it's just such a pleasure to have those things in our life!
I'm define myself as a person who depends on technology very much.What could do without my cellphone?I don't want to imagine that!There were times, when people had to live without those things, like tv's, computers, cars, phones and still survived a lot of things.I think it's just a way it is, that the human being wants to make life easier and more comfortable for himself.
Even we always enjoy the benefits of living in this modern world, it is just so relaxing sometimes to go back to the nature, go back to the basics, where we originaly came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment